Friday, July 31, 2009

Money, money, money

Have you seen Mama Mia!? We watched it, and with the exception of someone--whose only excuse could be a terrible state of inebriation--thinking it was a good idea to have Pierce Brosnan sing, we really enjoyed it.

There is a song called Money, Money, Money with a line that says 'it's a rich man's world.' I hate how important money is. I know the warnings Jesus made shoot right to my very soul. It is so easy for me to make it an idol--a god who consumes and hates me. I spend an embarrassing amount of time dreaming up what I would do with money. I fantasize about being financially independent and moving on with 'real life' from there.

I am so thankful that my Lord is the true provider. Not just of our physical needs, but He has even provided the warnings against relying on money, against storing up things here on earth. He has provided wisdom and resourcefulness so that we can make the most of what we do have.

I praise Him and grip to Him, especially when the mortgage goes up and the pay goes down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to talk with me!