Saturday, September 4, 2010

I Guess I Deserve it

It makes sense that if I finish the school year at the end of August,  I would do my spring cleaning in September.  I can only pray that people will still be interested in shopping a yard sale in autumn!

We are doing a major purge, clearing out more that we have before.  Actually, I have only done two garage sales in my 13 years of marriage, so it isn’t difficult to top my past efforts. 

I am getting rid of my stash of Pampered Chef and other kitchen products.  All that alone opens up a lot of space, I am ashamed to say.  It certainly explains why being a consultant was such an abysmal financial endeavor for us!

September 2010 023The kids will be getting rid of toys and clothes, and we will be thinning our books, movies and computer games.  Again, just one of those categories creates empty space for us.

I hope to move more quickly through the house than I did today through the garage, though.  I found the old scrapbooks and photo albums of the kids when they were little.  Major derailment ensued as we strolled down memory lane.  I showed them my own yearbooks and I have some old things from my time in Korea.  I even let my girl try on the traditional dress that used to belong to me when I was her age. 

It feels good lightening the burden of stuff we have accumulated!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for ones marvelous posting! I seriously enjoyed reading it, you could be a great author.I will be sure to bookmark your blog and may
    come back at some point. I want to encourage you to continue your great posts, have
    a nice evening!

    Take a look at my web blog :: elder scrolls online gameplay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your encouragement. My son was just saying yesterday that he missed my blogging. I grew quite discouraged a while ago and it has been difficult to get back to it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to talk with me!