Sunday, September 5, 2010

Try Getting out of THAT!

Vacation writing!  Even though I will be away, I want to keep up on regular posting.  So I have some funny stories to share this week. Enjoy!  On the KidsROCK Blog today there is a great story and there will themed music links for the rest of the week.  Check it out.

Why is it that the most womanly thing we do is simultaneously the least lady-like?  What’s with that?  (Like my Seinfeld impression?)

After the birth of our son, my husband and I were enjoying a quiet moment together in the hospital, reviewing the happenings of the past couple of days (39 hour labor, than you very much!).  It was scary.  It was tough.  It was miraculous.  It was smelly.  Whoa…What?  I’m sorry, did you say it was smelly??  Ok.  That is SO against the rules!  A man can’t criticize the aesthetics of birth!! Come on!

But my darling already knows this—he is so good about all the rules (no jeans make my behind look fat).  I stared at him in disbelief while he looked utterly panicked.  He said he thought it was ok since I had said it first.  Umm…No…Pretty sure I never said anything about anything smelling!  He said, “Remember?  While you were pushing, you said, ‘It stinks!’”

My response?  “No.  I said, ‘IT STINGS!!!’”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to talk with me!