Wednesday, September 15, 2010

We’re “Back”

Actually, we never really left. Instead of drinking in the beautiful green, gazing at the ocean, or marveling at the Redwoods, we cleaned. That is pretty horrible, isn’t it? It certainly failed to match the image of a vacation in the eyes of my kids, and I couldn’t really argue with them!

But now the house has been deep cleaned and purged. Furniture is rearranged, to give the house a new feel. We had a yard sale, donated and dumped what didn’t sell and have settled back into life.

Yesterday was our first step back. It was a bit of a misstep, at that. In fact, it stunk so bad that we packed up and ran away for one last escape before my husband has to get on his early-to-bed schedule. ‘Real life’ can really stink sometimes. I pray we hold onto the security our little escapade afforded us. I am afraid we will be clinging to it often.

We are hosting Lego Club today—my son has really missed it. I hope it goes well. We also have book study tonight: we are beginning Acts. My husband goes back to work tomorrow.

So, I guess it is time to dive back into a semblance of non-school routine. Routine is good for my family. I have a deep admiration for those who can be productive without it. I fail miserably whenever I give it a shot. So I have some planning to do for the next couple of weeks before school begins.

Pray for my little family, will you? Our hearts are heavy and some are bruised. We need to feel our Lord sustaining us and we need to strive for more than just endurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to talk with me!