Sunday, August 2, 2009

Thunder! Lightning!

We got quite a show last night!! Man! The power of thunder and lightning inspires awe. It is so silly, but I had to keep reminding myself that it wasn't God! It would arc across the sky (once with no room to get the 'one' in my 'one mississippi') and the thunder would roll on for over a minute. I would say in my mind, 'wow, God, I hear you.' Or, 'you are so powerful.' He is powerful, but I felt like I got a taste of how and why people worship His creation. It is pretty awesome stuff!!!

I am thankful God has revealed Himself to my family line and that I learned about Him so early in life. I am thankful I can see beyond His creations--even if just by a tiny measure--to know there is a Maker of these wonderful things who is so much more than any one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to talk with me!