Sunday, August 1, 2010

Feeling Sick Today

I am feeling just a little under the weather, but I stayed in bed until the kids woke up this morning.  They both joined me and we chatted.  I let them know I wasn't feeling so great and that eveon thought today is only our second day at the retirement home and if I have something contagious, I feel obligated to cancel.

My girl asked, 'what about us?'  What other response to that question is there than, "What about you?"? 

She asked what would happen to them if Daddy worked overtime.  I let her know that if I didn't go to the retirement home, even if Daddy comes home in time, no one would go. 

That isn't what she meant.  She wanted to know what would happen to them, herself and her brother, with me as the only adult in the house, but sick in bed.  :)

Ah!  I let her know that everything would be OK.  I am a mommy, and mommies know how to be sick and mommies at the same time.  I added as only a half joke that we just hold the baby while we throw up. 

She was quiet for a while and I thought the issue was dropped.  Then, so quietly, she asked:
"Will you teach me?  I don't know how to do that.  When I am sick, I just want to be in bed."

So sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to talk with me!