Monday, August 9, 2010

Now that's what I call a Friend!

I am reading this book and the main character has just found a dead body--I love a fun whodunnit.  She is properly traumatized, so her husband calls the main character's best friend and leaves the message, 'be at our house, she needs you.'

They get a call back and the friend confirms that she will be there and asks the husband if she needs "a bottle of cognac, prescriptions tranquilizers, or chocolate cookies and freshly ground espresso beans."  The husband leaves it up to her and the main character knows the friend will bring it all.

Isn't that a great friend??  Now, I don't drink and I would be too chicken to try tranqs, but the idea of a friend who will be there, without knowing the problem, is pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to talk with me!