Saturday, August 14, 2010

Meteor Shower

We had such a nice time Thursday night.  I let the kids sleep in that morning, knowing we would be up super late to watch the meteors.  We waited until Daddy went to bed, then we got in sleeping bags on the trampoline.  While the kids kept an eye on the sky, I finished our book on the Wright Brothers. 

It was so cold that my finger and elbow joints were stiff with pain.  So we hauled ourselves off the trampoline and into the house for some hot chocolate!  We finished the book, read 2 Samuel 20-22 and headed back out just after midnight.

Sadly we never really saw a 'shower.'  It was more like random sprinklings.  The kids fell asleep while I kept looking.  I woke up through the night to check out the sky, but never saw much.  Once the sun rose, I high-tailed it inside to my comfy memory foam mattress!  Heaven!  The trampoline wasn't as uncomfortable as I thought it would be, but I did get a little sea sick when the wind would blow or kid rolled over.  As cold as it was, the sleeping bags and cuddling made it tolerable if we kept our faces covered.

It was a fun adventure without quite the payoff we'd expected.  But I enjoyed the time with the kids, and we had some great scientific and theological conversations staring at the thousands of stars.  I am so thankful that we can do special things like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to talk with me!