Monday, August 2, 2010

Psalm 55:22

My sweet son came to me this morning and said that he hadn't been feeling well last night. He said he wasn't sick, but sort of had the uneasiness that comes with being sick and couldn't describe it more than that.

So he got up, turned on the light, woke up the puppy for company and grabbed his Bible. He said he cried with it in his lap and prayed, 'Jesus, when I open this Bible, please let it be on the exact spot where I need it.'

He found Psalm 55:22
Cast your cares on the LORD
and he will sustain you;
he will never let the righteous fall.

He said the he cried. He was so happy that God had answered his prayer and he understood.

I have never endorsed just opening the Bible to find a personal message. I appreciate that he asked first. I am not really comfortable with the idea that my son was alone crying in his room. I want to say that I want him to come to me when he needs comfort. But...I am so thankful that he decided to go to the One who will always be there for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to talk with me!