Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Outrunning Dreams

I know that everybody dreams.  So many people I know don't remember any of theirs and even claim to not dream.  I have always been able to remember many of my dreams, and my memories are very vivid.  Most of the time I like this.  I often try to stay awake just a little longer so I can hold on or finish a particularly intriguing dream.

But last night!!  First, I can remember a bunch of dreams, and they all were so uncomfortable.  In one I couldn't remember what my dh looked like!  In another, everyone was waiting on me and I couldn't find matching shoes.  Then my dog kept escaping and I felt so inadequate in making her behave, keeping her harness on, or getting her into the crate. 

In another I had gone to all this work setting up for a recital--not something I ever do--where the girls would change their clothes.   The one truly in charge had things set up entirely different.  I am even embarrassed to write about that, because it was so audacious for me to go around setting up for something I had no business doing. 

In my dreams last night, there were so many random people from my past.  I was back at the church I'd attended in Folsom and working.  A man from that time had carved two wooden signs welcoming me back from maternity leave.  It was so bizarre, but I just felt hot with anger.  I hadn't had a baby, and hadn't been on a break; I'd been working the whole time, but just in another area or something.  I kicked the sign over--like an overgrown baby!

Am I working through feeling inferior, or what??   On mornings like these, I find myself lingering in bed, not to hold on or extend a dream, but in a daze.  I don't feel like I actually slept or rested at all.  The whole night felt like a wrestling match.  I am worn and feeling ashamed. 

Blech!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to talk with me!