Saturday, February 5, 2011

Daddy and his girl

Thanks to my wonderful moms being so flexible about the day of the cooking class last week, we were able to hustle down to my sister’s a day early. My husband and daughter, with our brother-in-law and niece, went to a Father Daughter dance for charity! It was so neat that they got to do this.

They got dressed up, went to dinner, then to the dance. Afterwards they ran through McDonalds for an ice cream, because apparently the dance had ice cream to offer, but the lines were too long. They got pictures taken at the dance, too. I am really looking forward to seeing them.

My husband said that he had a blast and loved watching our little girl having fun. Isn’t that cool?

My parents divorced when I was eight.  At that time, I was madly in love with my dad.  When my parents divorced, my dad came around just often enough to keep me off balance.  But I never felt loved nor accepted by him again.  I too often feel that I even now am chasing after his approval.

Because of my own daddy issues, I have watched most intently the relationship between my daughter and her daddy, especially since she turned eight.  I know that every day she has gotten with him is a day better than I got, and I just sing with my soul for joy.  Whatever struggles she may have, she exists in total affirmation of love from her father.  With him standing behind her, what can’t she face?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to talk with me!