Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Snow!

Honestly, we have had such a cruddy winter that it had been very difficult for me to not live in a fantasy-land of moving to someplace with a ‘real’ winter. January brought a big freeze that was too cold to snow.  Then February brought spring.  Spring!!  Ridiculous, I tell you!  It doesn’t help that it seems like everyplace else is getting more snow than they can handle. Texas was getting snow, for goodness sakes!

But finally, finally, we got our snow storm.  Oh, I just love it.  So many here can’t stand it, so I always struggle a little with tinges of guilt for being so giddy with the white stuff.  But I just can’t help it!  I love the snow!  I have shoveled several times a day, gone sledding with the kids and friends, staged a snow-ball fight in the back yard and even got some great exercise kicking the 2 feet of snow and ice off the trampoline.  I feel all glowy, like I am newly in love!

One of the many things I love about snow is how bright the night is.  I imagine I would feel the same way seeing those bioluminescent creatures that inhabit certain bodies of water.  God’s creation is just so breathtakingly magical!

the first night of snow, I sat on my bed looking out the window at the white night.  Have you ever really looked closely at bare trees covered in snow?  I delight in examining each branch with the brown on bottom and white on top.  The trees look like drawings, they are so intricate and perfect.  I mean, how can that happen naturally? 

But it does.  Snow falls into perfection, making perfect patters.  It is so soft, so quiet, so clean, so bright.  It takes my breath away and I am loving every minute of this snow storm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to talk with me!