Sunday, June 26, 2011

It is never right to be haughty

So my last two posts on being busy are snotty and conceited.  I reacted in pain and judgmentally to receiving several blows in the name of busy-ness in the last couple of weeks.  While I think there is truth to what I said, it was wrong of me to make blanket statements and condemn anyone who is busy just for being busy. 

I know there are people who are seeking the Lord faithfully each day and deserve support and encouragement, not condemnation from a sister in Christ.  Even those who fit my descriptions perfectly wouldn’t have been positively affected by my words.  Many would likely react defensively, further entrenching themselves in their current lifestyle. 

I have developed a habit of avoiding my blog when things are hard or I am frustrated because I don’t want to put into permanence those sentiments which are transient.  My love for the Lord is lasting.  My family is lasting.  Our days full of adventure and blessings are worth remembering.  I like to blog about those topics.

I gave in to temptation and blogged about something that really bothers me.  I will try to stick to more positive fare in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to talk with me!