Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Naughty Puppy!

So, should you punish a dog, even if you don't know what she did wrong?  This isn't a question I've ever pondered before last night.

But I felt compelled to give it some thought when, entering my bedroom, my darling Beagle tattled on herself with her unmistakable, 'I'm-so-sorry-please-love-me-anyway' pose.

Naturally, I grew instantly suspicious.  She may know how to look guilty, but my dog doesn't play Hot and Cold very well, though I did give it a try.  After moving around the room and watching for her reactions, then a quick perusal of the regular 'hot spots,' (bathroom trash, window sill, MY pillow), I called in the Big Guns.

But not even my darling husband could find evidence to prosecute, searching while puppy wallowed on her back, serving as her own damning witness.

So I ask again: should you punish a dog even if you don't know what she did wrong?

2 comments:

  1. I like how you discribed her pose... "I'm so sorry please love me anyway". LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you agree that is what she says when she looks like that?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to talk with me!