Monday, March 7, 2011

Winter Slump

Have you experienced this phenomena? While I can’t say that it is exclusive to homeschooling or homeschoolers, I am using the term here to refer to that time of the year when school just doesn’t get done. For some reason all the momentum is lost, and just beginning a lesson seems impossible—don’t even talk about actually finishing a lesson!

I like to think that one day I will be so accomplished that I will be immune to the winter slump. Sadly, I realize that if I ever were to be immune, this would be the year. I love our school time, our school materials, our school routine… it is all awesome! I can only assume I make everyone sick for all the raving I have done about our current school year.

And yet, here I am, sitting in the mud. I can’t get started with the day. Accomplishing everything on the ‘list’ feels to be an insurmountable task. It doesn’t matter that we did everything on the list, plus a game over lunch and complementary documentary each and every day before the slump hit.

That is another thing. I can’t decide if I have fallen into a mire, or if a whole pool of mud was dumped on me. I mean, did I hit it, or did it hit me? It is so dizzying in here that I can’t even tell that! Maybe the mud hit me, knocking me down, and so I am now sitting in it? ~~Do you see how productively I spend my time?

But, the good news about having encountered the slump in the past is that I have a reasonable certainty that it will pass. At least it has in the past…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to talk with me!