Thursday, May 12, 2011

Hey

So, I quit blogging.  Things got too hard, too personal.  Too private.  I couldn’t at the time really expose myself to some of the consequences of ‘putting it all out there,’ because I wasn’t strong enough to take the criticism.

But the name of this blog is Adventures at Home, and we are about to go on one momentous adventure.  So I am back.  I don’t want to forget the blessings I know are coming our way.  I want a record of this adventure.

At the beginning of this year, the furloughs and increased insurance payments combined with surgeries and injuries finally sealed our financial situation.  We could not make our mortgage payments any longer.  Yesterday our house went on the market for a short sale.  We are pretty upside down and are just praying that the government doesn’t decide to tax us for the ‘income’ we make in the sale—we are actually walking away with nothing.

Lots of people in this area are doing or have done the same thing.  But what I hear is that they live months in their homes without making any payments, save up a substantial stash and all is well.  I have to say that is not our experience.  If we had money to put into savings, we would be paying our mortgage.  We don’t, and we don’t.  Nothing is in savings.  I would love to save up enough for first and last months’ rent, plus moving expenses before the place sells.  I don’t know if that will happen.

My nine-year-old girl was born in a pool on our dining room floor.  It is safe to say she is attached to the place.  To our surprise, she initially was among the most excited about the prospect of moving.  My boy was the most reticent.  While he has lost his hesitancy, he hasn’t shown any eagerness yet.  My daughter, on the other hand, has pendulum swinged from her excitement to extreme sadness and nervousness over our future.

Today someone is coming for the first time to view the house.  She cried at the news.  She cries at just about anything these days.  The fact that she is on the brink of womanhood with hormones racing through her system doesn’t help matters.

See?  We are on an adventure!  Let’s see what God has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to talk with me!