Monday, September 14, 2009

A Great Day

Madi is ready for bed, but thanking me for the great day we had today. She began to list the things we did and said, "I wish I had my diary." She ran off to get it, and I remembered I have something similar for me to record this great day, too!

Brian left yesterday to spend a week with his brother. I was very sad to see him go. My computer broke Friday, so Brian spent all that time working on it, bless him. He didn't want to leave me without the computer. He loves me, but as the time neared for him to leave on Sunday, I felt panicked that I had wasted the weekend and not soaked him up enough.

So, with that under my belt we began the week. We have taken two weeks off from school, and I plan to school this week to help stay productive and to pass the time. So, we did school this morning, and ran to Wal-Mart this afternoon. I got a couple of things I needed, but also grabbed a couple of special extras.

We had boring peanut butter sandwiches for dinner, but made our own cold stone creamery in the kitchen for dessert! We got peanut butter, chocolate, Oreos, chocolate and graham crackers with vanilla ice cream. Each of us made our own concoction and we started an instant-watch movie on the computer from Netflix--From the Mixed up Files of Mrs. Basil E Frankwieler.

A very nice day. Now the kids are bedding down in the living room, ready for another full day of school, then Madi's dance class.

Father, thank you for these days. Thank you for the blessing of just being together. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to talk with me!