Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Off to play

We are going to the park today to meet with KidsROCK families for a potluck BBQ and to play games with the adults while the kids play on the playground. Two new families will be there, and I am excited about getting to know them better.

Last week, we had many more signed up, including a total of 4 new families and one other family who has a member who doesn't play games in a way that is fun for me. I was really nervous because Carla was going to be gone camping. So, 4 new families, us and this other family. I didn't want to be representing KidsROCK that way.

But Brian was wonderful to me, encouraged me, helped me lay down some plans and helped to be less concerned about our image being tainted by a single person. I felt much better and then Carla told me that they weren't going camping after all!! All that worry and upset for nothing! I hate being such a fickle baby, claiming to trust the Lord when all is well, but falling apart at the first sign of trouble.

Lord, I want to be more faithful to you, the way you are faithful to me. Help me to cling to your promises in your word and to rely on the character you've already revealed to me personally time and again throughout my life. Bring to mind those things when fear and frustration seep in, so that I might be a little more 'water-tight' and send those feelings that aren't from you packing! In your name, Amen!

OH, and be present this evening at the park. Keep the kids safe and kind on the play equipment and allow for new relationships to grow among the adults. Let your grace and lovingkindness rule our day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to talk with me!