Wednesday, September 16, 2009

We are having a good week

Not as much school as I'd originally planned, but having a good week nonetheless. We took today off just because we needed the breather and I got in some good cleaning. Tomorrow we do school again. I am looking forward to staying in! Tuesday we did dance, dinner and council meeting--plus two days' worth of school and washing all the bedding. Too much for my family.

I awe at the families who do soccer for just one kid, though so many have different (full) schedules for each kid. Then they add music, church, AWANA, 4H and God knows what else to it all. No wonder they homeschool! They wouldn't have time to get to those classes on top of everything else!

My family used to function similarly to that and I am so thankful that Brian put his foot down. I get busy with KidsROCK, but it is all KidsROCK. The significance of that is that I am not juggling hats or schedules of several unaffiliated organizations. That may not seem like a big deal, but to me it is everything.

But I digress...

Yesterday was too much for US, and today I knew we were doing Lego and dance. I also knew I wanted to get some things organized and finish with vacuuming and bedding, so we took the day of rest and I am thankful for it. Eager to school, without chores weighing on my conscience, tomorrow will be a good day, I pray. :)

God bless me and my kids, my dh half my skinny state away, and all whom I love and hold dear. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to talk with me!