Thursday, April 12, 2012

This is it!

Today I leave for my dad’s place.  I will meet my little sister there and spend the night.  Early tomorrow we fly for Texas!  We only bought the tickets a week ago, but we have crammed a lot into the last 7 days.  Everyone is so supportive and encouraging; I think we are going to have a great time and get a lot accomplished.

I am frankly a little emotional right now.  I’m not excited about leaving my kids at all.  They are super-great, and it is such a privilege to know them and spend my days with them. 

In this moment I am reminded why I homeschool.  It is not only about academics, spirituality, my responsibility, protection or proper socialization, though those are all monumentally important to me.  The foundational reason for homeschooling my kids is that I love them.  I love them so much and I am achingly aware of how quickly they grow and I don’t want to miss a moment of it.

I was thinking this morning as I got ready about my trusted friends who will be with my kids for some of the time I am gone and I actually got jealous!  Over what?  Breakfast.  Crazy.  I am so thankful that we have friends we trust and are willing to watch the kids.  This whole trip wouldn’t be possible without them.  I think there is also a little worry that my kids will talk their ears off. 

I have to change my thought focus and get packing.  I will soak up some time with the kids and finish my chores and head out for an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to talk with me!