Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas Tree Lighting

November and December 2010 008

I got to take my kids to the Christmas tree lighting this year.  It is the first time we have ever gone, and I am a little ashamed it took so long to do it.  There is a parade, dancing, the tree lighting and fireworks! 

You know what I thought of the whole time?  Groundhog Day—you know, the movie with Andie McDowell and Bill Murray?  They go to Punxsutawney, Pa to film the groundhog coming out to see if there is a shadow.  The place is quintessential small town.  A big deal out of nothing, but everyone having a great time.  That is how it was at the tree lighting.  Everyone was bundled in cheerful winter clothes.  People were smiling, excited, and moving the the music blaring over the loud speaker.  There were prizes for the floats in the parades, businesses giving away free things…

November and December 2010 034November and December 2010 019And then of course, my gal did a tap dance.  She enjoys dancing so much, she wears a grin the whole time.  I am blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to talk with me!