Thursday, October 7, 2010

My Brother-in-law

My brother-in-law lost vision in one eye about a decade ago due to a torn retina.  This weekend, the retina in the other eye tore, as well.  He called 911 when he woke up seeing not  much more than spots.  The treating doctor didn’t take the situation very seriously, diagnosing blood and suggesting it would clear up and his vision would return to normal in a few days.  Thankfully he pushed to be taken more seriously and they discovered there was a tear on the worst part of the retina that one would ‘want’ a tear. 

They performed a laser surgery to correct the tear and now are waiting to see if his vision is restored.   But my brother-in-law received the news that even if this surgery brought back his vision, which isn’t likely, that his retina is too fragile and it is just a matter of time before it tears again and he is blinded permanently.

Please join me in prayer for my brother-in-law and the entire family.  I know that ‘just a matter of time’ isn’t a moratorium on hope.  God can do anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to talk with me!