Friday, October 8, 2010

Not a proud moment

So we were sitting at our first day of Club PALS discussing responsibility.  One of the ways we show responsibility is by doing what is expected of us before we are asked.  My daughter raised her hand at that moment to share that she did just that this very morning.  After her shower, she removed the rugs and cleaned every tile on the bathroom floor.  I asked if that had anything to do with the fact that I was, at that moment, scolding her brother for not being responsible with keeping up his room.

I thought I was ‘keeping her honest,’ since she chose to get all braggy in front of friends.

Isn’t there some oft-quoted bit of wisdom for lawyers regarding never asking questions of witnesses unless sure of the answer?  My little girl, with knees hugged to chest, answered in this tiny voice, “I was scared!” 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to talk with me!