Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Am I totally out of the loop?

Is that good or bad? We, as Christians, are supposed to be holy, sojourners, set apart. But if we are so different that we can’t relate, what good are we doing to the world?
This YouTube video of the top 20 Christmas songs blew me away. I’d heard of most of them, I guess I am happy to say, and even like most of them. But I was really surprised that the songs listed below were not on the list at all. I realize that non-Christians get into Christmas, but I hadn’t realized that the Christian Christmas songs were wholly irrelevant to them.

O Holy Night
Silent Night
Joy to the World
The First Noel
We Three Kings


UPDATE: Joy!! I found this!!
Apparently it was requested that the author of the first video to make a 'religious' list. He says that this was tough, because he had to leave off some classics. But I can't help but point out that the secular list is a top twenty list, and this is only top ten. Can't he have made a top twenty and included what he considered classics??
I’m sad to see that the songs are held as separate, though...Is one group not on par with the other to mingle them?? OH, I really enjoyed both these videos, but I am feeling a little feisty--or fussy--about them, too! I like that some of the songs I originally listed were on this one.

What Child is This
O Little Town of Bethlehem
Away in a Manger
O Come all ye Faithful
It came upon the midnight clear
Hark the Angels
Noel
O Holy Night
Joy to the World
Silent Night
Pretty pictures in this one, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to talk with me!